You may remember my post from yesterday with a mystery skin ailment. Well, after spending 3 hours waiting at a walk-in clinic, I have my answer.
Shingles. Caused by the same virus as Chicken Pox. Still a mystery where and how I picked it up. I suspect the virus been dormant since I caught and recovered from Chicken Pox when I was young, but the blood test must have triggered its release.
Now, I have a week’s worth of medication where I have to take it every 4 hours.
- If You’ve Had ChickenPox, You are At Risk For Shingles (wtvr.com)
- When Should You Get A Shingles Vaccination? (baptisthealthforyou.com)
- Did You Know!!! (atwinssidentity.wordpress.com)
- Information About The Shingles Vaccine (healthbloghq.wordpress.com)
- Shingles – Not Much Fun (crain207.wordpress.com)
Today’s run: EASY RUN WITH 5 STRIDES 4.60 KM (20sec high, 1min recovery x5)
I ran around 3k, but my phone rebooted. Again. Also, found an angry rash developing on my arm, which seems to have developed since my blood test earlier this month, so I’m going to get it looked at at the walk-in clinic tomorrow, and check with my GP next Wednesday.
Anime rules, even for old-fashioned cartoons.
Why is it I can relate to Wally more than any of the other characters?
Today’s run was a complete failure. Most of my runs recently have been depressingly bad and work hasn’t really helped. If anything, it’s contributing to my lack of motivation.
Kudos to them for trying to deliver to message, but a bit of a strange way of doing it…