You are receiving this message because you have an account registered with this address on ubuntuforums.org.
The Ubuntu forums software was compromised by an external attacker. As a result, the attacker has gained access to read your username, email address and an encrypted copy of your password from the forum database.
If you have used this password and email address to authenticate at any other website, you are urged to reset the password on those accounts immediately as the attacker may be able to use the compromised personal information to access these other accounts. It is important to have a distinct password for different accounts.
We apologize for any inconvenience to the Ubuntu community, thank you for your understanding.
The Canonical Sysadmins.
- Ubuntu Forums Hacked, All User Names and Passwords Have Been Stolen (news.softpedia.com)
- Ubuntu Forums Hacked (sucuri.net)
- Ubuntuforums.org Hacked (it.slashdot.org)
- Email and passwords compromised after attack on Ubuntu Forums (news.en.softonic.com)
- Notice of security breach on Ubuntu Forums site (canonical.com)
- Neil Oosthuizen: Ubuntu Forums (nlsthzn.com)
- Ubuntu Forums Hacked – Millions of Username, password, email address stolen (ehackingnews.com)
- Linux forum hacked and user details collected (pcauthority.com.au)
- Passwords of 1.8M Ubuntu Forums users compromised in hack (net-security.org)