Well, it’s the day after Boxing Day. The day where the majority of people who haven’t taken the interim days off on holiday, go back to work.
There was definitely a run-down feeling on the train ride into work and the trains were running a reduced (probably a Sunday service), so I ended up running for the earlier train since my normal one wasn’t there today.
A really interesting map of all of London’s abandoned and partly-abandoned stations. Some of which I knew about (Mill Hill East for example), others, like Highbury + Islington, which I use daily to get to work, I didn’t know had a different surface building at one point.
Ah, the joys of travelling on the London Underground
When you take the same train each day, you notice things….
- The person with the crazy hair
- The person who reeks of BO or has a flatulence problem…
- The person who always never has time to do her make-up and spends the journey doing her face
- The person who always wears winter gear even in summer. Or summer gear in winter
- The person always sleeping with their feet on the opposite-facing seats
- The person who always brings a FULL-SIZED BIKE onto the train
- The person who brings a smelly McDonalds/Burger King meal onto the train.
- The person who has an open can of Red Bull (can’t they f**king change the smell on that thing?)
This seems to be a norm these days, but it is still unhygenic and disgusting. I’d love to push the spitter’s face into their own spit and order them to lick up every drop of it…. But I’d probably be violating their “human rights”….